Wednesday, February 3, 2010

FRESNO

This past Sunday Branden, Peyton and I had to head up north for a funeral. Branden's cousin died at age 30 of a massive heart attack. She was married had 3 kids ages 7, 5, and 3. It was such a hard and trying trip. She was not a believer and that whole side of the family is "anti god". The service and the receptions were just full of feel good words and absolutely no hope of God. It was just so sad for Branden and me. I just felt like yelling "I'm sorry but she's not resting in peace" and I won't see her again and I highly doubt that she is "looking" down on me. Its just really hard to try and understand how they think that she is in a better place when they don't even believe in a God that made heaven (which is the better place). Anyway... On the positive side Peyton was such a trooper! She did an amazing job of being just the cute little girl that she is =) Most of the family up there had never met me or Peyton so it was somewhat like a CRAZY family reunion. We are glad to be back and not driving on the freeway for hours upon hours.


Waiting so nicely for some food. She did so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment