Saturday, June 13, 2009

Little Boy Big Heart

Four years ago our very good family friend Tim Garrety died in a motorcycle accident. He and my dad and another friend started Skate Street. When he died they closed Skate Street and I got one of the shirts, it now fits Elton and we call it the Uncle Tim shirt. Elton is named after Tim. Anyway this moring Elton was wearing the shirt and this is what he had to say.

E: Mom I think I want to go to heaven and meet Uncle Tim.
N: Umm... I wish you could but it doesnt work like that.
E: Well Jesus always brings us back to our mommies and daddies and he always keeps us safe.

I then went on to explain how that whole heaven thing works. Oh out of the mouth of little babes. You have to love it. So sweet I almost cried!

1 comment:

  1. Can we just see it so simply! The faith and acceptance of a child. Then adult stuff gets in the way of all the purity and go through the questioning. I think perhaps Elton should take a turn teaching a sunday school class to the rest of us! Thanks for your help at N2N

    ReplyDelete